Malicious Activity Remediation
At the heart of any SOC-as-a-service platform is a malicious activity remediation service. The term SOC refers to security operations center — and no matter how good or persistent a security management service is at monitoring your network or identifying threats, that service is of little use to you if it does not include a way to deal with those threats. Our CYBERShark cloud-based SOC-as-a-service is full-service managed security software with the capability to reduce security breaches, prevent malicious activity and otherwise resolve security incidents with step-by-step remediation workflows that are tested and proven to be effective.
Our SOC-as-a-service platform is run by skilled and experienced cybersecurity engineers who are always up-to-date on the latest malicious threats to computer networks. We are prepared to manage any threats your network is likely to face, so managed service providers (MSPs) and the companies that use them can operate their networks with confidence.
Jump to Key Section
- What Are Malicious Activities?
- What Are Some Examples of Malicious Activities?
- Why Is It Important to Protect Against Malicious Activity Online?
- What Are Some of the Challenges of Reducing Malicious Activities Online?
- How Does CYBERShark Help Companies Protect Against Malicious Online Activities?
- What Is the Cost of Not Protecting Your Business Against Malicious Online Activity?
- How Much Does Malicious Activity Remediation Software Cost?
- Why Choose CYBERShark for Your Malicious Activity Remediation?
What Are Malicious Activities?
Malicious activities are external threats to your network. They are activities performed by cyber criminals that infiltrate your system for the purpose of stealing information, sabotaging your operations or doing damage to your hardware or software. Malicious activities can come in the form of threats like:
- M2M attacks – Machine to machine attacks, where cyberhackers use their machines to search for and infect other vulnerable machines through the internet.
- Two-faced malware – A malicious program that is designed to appear safe to anti-virus programs by acting benign when isolated, only to show its true purpose once it is allowed into the network.
- Blastware – A particularly nasty type of malware that can destroy a server that identifies it as malware.
- Cloud jailbreaking – Using malware designed to attack and infiltrate cloud-based systems.
CYBERShark has the ability to recognize all these types of malicious activity attacks and more and to take action against them.
What Are Some Examples of Malicious Activities?
Once one of these hacks gets the malicious actor into the system, what does it do there? Cyberhackers will be trying to get into your system for two reasons:
1. Installing Malware
One of the two main malicious activities is to install malware, a program designed to have an unwanted effect on your system. Types of malware can include:
- Viruses – A computer virus is probably the oldest and best-known type of malware. When a virus gets into your system and is activated when a user unwittingly executes its file, it can modify or delete data on the computer where it is activated. Like an actual virus, it can then infect other programs on the computer and the rest of the network.
- Worms – Worms are programs that replicate themselves throughout your system, attaching themselves to various files and dramatically slowing down your network.
- Ransomware – Ransomware is a newer type of malware that is becoming increasingly popular because it can be quite lucrative. Ransomware locks up a system’s data, encrypting it so that the owner of the data cannot read or use it. The user must then pay the hacker a ransom to unlock their data.
- Keyloggers – A keylogger records all keystrokes and sends it to the hacker without the user’s knowledge. This allows the hacker to collect passwords and other sensitive data.
- Spyware – Spyware works similarly to keylogging software, except it simply allows the hacker to access information on the computer for their own purposes.
- Trojan horses – A Trojan horse is a virus that tricks the user into executing it by hiding it in a game or other more appealing type of file.
- Logic bombs – This sneaky bit of malware waits until a trigger event launches it, at which point it can do incredible damage, like destroying computer hardware components.
2. Stealing Data
The other type of malicious activity you need to look out for is a data breach. In a data breach, a hacker gains access to your system and uses it to collect information about your users or clients. They may copy this data or even destroy it, but the main purpose is usually to use that data for criminal gain, such as collecting passwords and personal information to access bank accounts or lines of credit or for blackmailing purposes.
Why Is It Important to Protect Against Malicious Activity Online?
Some kinds of malicious activity are relatively harmless. Others can be devastating to your business. Recent data breaches at some of the largest companies in the United States have affected billions of users and cost those companies millions of dollars. A 2018 Cost of a Data Breach Study by IBM Security found that the average cost of a data breach is $3.86 million. Malware attacks can result in days or even weeks of downtime which can ruin a business’ reputation — so malicious activity is something you want to put a stop to at all costs.
What Are Some of the Challenges of Reducing Malicious Activities Online?
There are so many different types of malicious activities and ways for cyberhackers to get into business networks, and these methods are growing and becoming more sophisticated every year. Types of malware like ghostware, which erases all evidence of itself once it breaches your system and two-faced malware that behaves itself when security protocols analyze it only to reveal its malicious purpose once it has been deemed safe, make it incredibly difficult to even locate malicious activities, let alone fix them.
How Does CYBERShark Help Companies Protect Against Malicious Online Activities?
CYBERShark helps companies protect themselves against malicious online activities by providing you with 24/7 security monitoring managed by our team of elite cybersecurity engineers. Our team and our software are always watching your system to look for any sign of malicious activity. Once we detect it, we have step-by-step protocols in place to classify the severity of the problem, alert the network manager, identify potential solutions and shut it down fast. We then log the incident so that we will recognize future similar malicious efforts and be able to knock them out before they can even begin to threaten your system.
What Is the Cost of Not Protecting Your Business Against Malicious Online Activity?
The cost of not protecting your business against malicious online activity could be your entire business. If you do not protect your business against malware and data breaches, they will happen to you sooner or later, and depending upon the severity of the attack, there is no guarantee your business will ever be able to recover. In fact, an estimated 60 percent of small and medium-sized businesses go out of business within 12 months of experiencing a data breach.
How Much Does Malicious Activity Remediation Software Cost?
If you have seen the effects that malicious activity can have on a computer network, you may rightly assume that good malicious activity remediation software is worth any cost.
Fortunately, when you subscribe to CYBERShark SOC-as-a-service platform, you will enjoy complete malicious activity remediation as part of the program. Our service monitors your network, identifies threats, remediates them and logs them all for one low monthly fee that is typically far lower than the cost of buying your own malicious activity remediation hardware or internal support staff.
If you are a small or mid-sized business and think you cannot afford quality third-party malicious activity remediation, there are two factors to consider. One, you cannot really afford not to have reliable malicious activity remediation, as one serious attack could ruin your business. Two, CYBERShark is designed to help small and medium-sized businesses. While some cybersecurity services may charge as much as 10 or 20 thousand dollars a month or more, we have plans as low as $350 per month.
Why Choose CYBERShark for Your Malicious Activity Remediation?
CYBERShark is a full-service cybersecurity management system that has many vital features built around our malicious activity mediation software. Our fully-managed security services include everything from 24/7/365 central security monitoring of your network to incident management, compliance reporting, real-time alerts and more.
Power. Flexibility. Simplicity. Affordability. That’s CYBERShark. We offer the same top-of-the-line cybersecurity solutions that the biggest companies pay a fortune for to companies of all sizes for a reasonable subscription rate. That’s why time and time again, our services are purchased by companies with IT security needs all across industries, including finance, healthcare, aerospace, education, manufacturing and many others. We also offer a white-label service for managed service providers or cybersecurity resellers who wish to offer quality malicious activity remediation under their own brand.
The best way to understand why CYBERShark is the best choice for your network cybersecurity and malicious activity remediation is to see firsthand how it works. Fortunately, you can do just that. All you have to do is get in touch with us, and we will be happy to schedule a free demonstration of the CYBERShark platform. Once you’ve seen it perform, you can call us at 844.564.7876 or contact us online to set up your subscription or to ask our team any questions. Protect your network before its too late. Contact us today.