POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant, under the direction of the CFO, is responsible for general accounting duties
which include data entry to the general ledger, account reconciliation, profit and loss reporting and
analysis, and journal entry preparation. The Senior Accountant will also assist with other accounting,
financial reporting, budget planning and analysis.
This position will play an important role in our organization – a security software company. The ideal
candidate will be an excellent team player who is passionate about providing world class customer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate month-end close process
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries as required
- Assist in the year-end audit and tax process
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and maintain fixed asset, prepaid and accrual schedules
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Payable including coding invoices, ensuring proper approvals, entering vendor bills into accounting system and processing payments
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements for senior management as well as preparation of board meeting materials
- Payroll, 401k deferral processing and related postings to the general ledger
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Manage special projects, prepare ad hoc reports and perform other related duties as required
Bachelor’s degree preferred in accounting or related field.3 to 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced
environment. MS Excel proficiency required with strong knowledge of QuickBooks transitioning to Inacct
within 6 months.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Software industry experience strongly preferred. Revenue recognition, Multiple Element arrangement, and deferred revenue a definite plus.
- Working knowledge of computer financial software packages; experience with QuickBooks is a must. Experience with Inacct a plus.
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel.\Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Industry Standard, DOE
Excellent Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, FSA, paid time off, 401k)
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements – all 3 elements are required for consideration.
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirement to: